A low-carb Mexican meatloaf dish perfect for the Acute Phase of the Medi-Weightloss Clinics® Program.
- 2 freshly minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grond cumin
- 1 tsp chili pepper powder
- 8 ounces Ortega® diced green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup light sour scream
- 4 ounces Kraft® reduced fat Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters®
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, Egg Beaters®, and spices together.
- Cut a lage square of waxed paper and roll out the ground beef mixture into a flat square.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese and half of the green chili peppers.
- Roll the waxed paper, with the meatloaf in the middle, until it shapes into a loaf.
- Carefully unfold the waxed paper from the meatloaf and remove.
- Fold the ends of the meatloaf to the cheese and chiles will not spill out during cooking.
- Place in a loaf pan. Top with other half of cheese, green chiles and sour cream.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.